We Cater Summer Fun!
Summer is finally here, and what a great season to spend outdoors with family and friends! Special occasions like milestone birthdays (know anyone who’s turning 5, 16, 30, 50 or 70?), family reunions, and kid or adult league championship games are just a few great opportunities to relax, enjoy, and leave the food planning and catering service to us!
Create an Ideal Outdoor Menu
We specialize in helping our clients plan great menus for small and large outdoor gatherings. When folks are outside enjoying themselves in hot weather, the ideal menu items are easy to handle, light on the stomach, and can be easily maintained in summer heat. We not only have great summer menu items, but we bring along the proper equipment needed to keep your food looking and tasting fresh and delicious.
A Few of Our Summer Delights
Here are some of our special summer menu offerings that are well-suited for just about any outdoor occasion:
- BBQ chicken wings– We can make these scrumptious wings with a mild, sweet or spicy sauce (or all three if you want variety!)
- Veggie and shrimp kabobs– Fast, fresh, and easy to eat, kabobs are a great way to get your veggies on! Choose from our wide selection of fresh veggies, and adding shrimp makes any kabob a deluxe treat.
- Corn on the cob– Grilled or boiled, this summer tradition is the definition of yum!especially when dipped into our herb-seasoned butter (see a recipe for this delectable butter below!).
- Fresh fruit– Whether you like your fruit in chunks, wedges, or slices, it’s always a favorite because it’s so attractive and refreshing. Fruit goes quickly, so have lots on hand!
- Cookies and bars– Oh my, these manageable desserts satisfy every sweet tooth and give a boost of much-needed energy for potato sack races and volleyball games! We have several varieties to choose from, just let us know what you love!
- Aguas frescas & flavored teas– Aguas frescas are cold, diluted juice drinks that are lighter and more refreshing than juice. All natural, we serve mango, pineapple, and strawberry aguas frescas. You can also request one or more of our naturally flavored iced teas!
Summer Fun at Your Service!
Imagine being able to fully enjoy your summer event without any food worries! Now, take the next step, give us a call, and let us cater your summer fun!
Herb-Seasoned Butter (for corn on the cob)
Note: You can make this butter a day in advance, refrigerate, then simply melt to serve over hot corn.
This recipe is for 6 to 8 ears of corn.
1 stick unsalted butter
1 ½ teaspoons good quality salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Dash cayenne pepper
About 2 tablespoons of your choice of finely chopped herbs (fresh or dried):
chives, garlic, cilantro, rosemary, thyme, or other favorites
Slowly melt butter and add seasonings and herbs. Brush onto hot cooked corn (grilled or boiled) with a basting brush. Eat and smile!
Douglas K Katering provides the best in top quality food and personal service for all of our customers. We want to make it easy and delicious for you with our home & office delivery service to complete special event planning & catering.